Without life, there is no liberty. And ensuring every child is born into a home with a loving family provides the best chance for that child to achieve anything. That is why Ted Cruz has been on the front lines defending life and standing up for marriage when it has come under assault from activist judges.
- Led the charge on behalf of 13 states to successfully defend, before the U.S. Supreme Court, a federal law that bans one form of late-term abortion, the Partial Birth Abortion Act.
- Advocated for an investigation into abortion practices in the U.S. to prevent the atrocities witnessed in Kermit Gosnell’s facility from ever happening again.
- Joined 18 states in successfully defending the New Hampshire parental-notification law before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended in federal court Texas’s Rider 8, which prohibits state funds for groups that provide abortions.
- Fought for the right of states to define marriage, without intrusion by unelected federal judges, by drafting the State Marriage Defense Act.
- Defended Texas’s marriage laws when a renegade state court attempted to grant a divorce to a same-sex couple who had obtained a civil union in Vermont.
- Authored legislation and a constitutional amendment in the Senate to prevent federal courts from further interfering with any state’s Constitutionally-protected authority to define marriage.